TRANSITIONAL EXECUTIVE PASTOR POSITION
We exist to develop generations of God-glorifying disciples who make disciples from the community to the continents.
Cherish the Word, Share the Gospel, Strengthen the Family, Serve the Community, Reach the World.
Henderson’s First Baptist Church is prayerfully seeking the man God has chosen to be our Transitional Executive Pastor. Our website presents that we are and have been blessed by opportunity, resources, and God-honoring leadership.
The title of transitional is added to the Executive Pastor position description due to the fact HFBC is in the process of replacing our Senior Pastor and positions filled during that period are assigned accordingly. The Executive Pastor position has been a vital role in HFBC’s ministry and will continue after our current Executive vacates the position this spring. It is anticipated our new Senior Pastor will, in time, work to develop and formulate a staff according to the Lord’s lead.
Knowing there is a possibility that a minister may need to relocate, HFBC is willing to negotiate up to a three-year term of temporary service for the successful candidate. The Transitional Executive Pastor would be considered for continuing service at the end of the transitional period upon review by the church and new Senior Pastor.
- Must have a least 4 years experience in Business and/or Church Administration
- Must be a Seminary graduate
- Have 2 years of pastoral experience desirable
- Called by God meeting qualifications of pastor/elders in 1 Tim. 3 & Titus 1
If, after prayer, you have an interest in knowing more about our church, we would welcome your resume’.
Submit resume’ or questions to:
or mail to:
HFBC Executive Pastor Search Committee
P.O. Box 1253
Henderson, Ky. 42419
Structure and Organization
HFBC is staff led, deacon served, committee operated, and congregationally affirmed.
Henderson’s First Baptist Church is a God-honoring Christ-centered fellowship of believers. We gather for two blended services each Sunday morning worshiping through both traditional hymns and contemporary music styles. We also meet for worship each Sunday evening and for meal and ministries on Wednesday evenings. Our growing Hispanic congregation worships together every Sunday morning. Morning worship services average proximately 500 people.
• Sunday School – We offer classes for adults, students, children and preschoolers.
• Adults – Ongoing, open, age grouped curriculum based classes are offered as well as short-term, closed group adult discipleship classes on Biblical topics and theology.
• Students – Our students, grades 6 through 12, are challenged with the Lifeway Gospel Project literature in Sunday school and are led through Bible book studies on Wednesday evenings.
• Children and Preschool – Ministry to Preschoolers and Children is driven by the vision of where we want them to be spiritually in the next 20 years. Children and families are equipped through the use of materials from Truth78, Lifeway, Bible Drill and New City Catechism.
• First Kids Preschool –Our three day a week preschool for ages 1 through pre K 5 year olds offers a Biblical based early learning education featuring the Children Learning Reading curriculum.
• Hispanic Ministries – The spiritual needs of our Spanish speaking congregation are met through adult Sunday school, Wednesday night discipleship and Thursday prayer meeting.
HFBC is missional church that encourages all members to pray, give, go! Our heart for missions is reflected in giving 15% of our annual budget to the Cooperative Program and in our partnerships from the community to the continents. As Jesus commissioned His church in Acts 1:8 to be His witnesses in the four areas of Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria, and the ends of the earth, HFBC seeks to share the gospel in the areas of the 4C’s.
Community – multiple benevolence ministries, pregnancy resource center, detention center ministry
Commonwealth – partner with Crossroads Community Baptist Church of Whitley City in the Appalachian region, Eliza Broadus State Missions
Country – Hispanic church connection in North Carolina, North American Mission Board
Continents – partners in Thailand, Central Asia, Brazil, Canada, and Mexico. 15% of annual budget to Cooperative Program