Perhaps our most effective way of teaching preschoolers is through our personal relationship with the child. This means meeting needs and helping children with things they cannot do such as changing diapers, wiping noses, and caring for scratches.
- Our teachers and custodial staff do an excellent job of sanitizing our preschool areas to ensure the safety of your child. (per Preschool Department Guidelines)
- Handwashing procedures are noted in the Preschool Department Guidelines.
- Diaper changing procedures are noted in the Preschool Department Guidelines.
- Teachers are asked to stay home if they show signs of illness.
- Children who show the following signs of illness cannot be accepted in a preschool department.
- Fever (>100.5 degrees) during the past 24 hours
- Vomiting or diarrhea during the past 24 hours
- Any symptom of infectious or contagious disease.
- Unexplained rash
- Any skin infections – boils, ringworm, and impetigo
- Pinkeye and other eye infections
- If your child has a special need or allergy, please let the volunteer staff know.