Hello church family,
We are extremely happy to announce that HFBC will be gathering for worship next Sunday morning, May 24!
As uncertainty concerning the coronavirus continues to be an issue we want to exercise a measure of caution and safety in our gatherings. Please carefully read through what you will need to know before you attend and what you may expect upon your arrival.
We look forward to seeing many of you there and continue longing for the day that everyone can safely come together again as a family at Henderson’s First Baptist Church.
Before you attend:
- Morning services will take place at 9:00 and 11:00. This will allow for ample time in transitioning crowds and sanitizing sanctuary surfaces.
- Our sanctuary will be open at a 33% capacity and we will be asking individuals to sit according to spacing guidelines. Should attendance exceed the 33% capacity at either morning service the fellowship hall will be set up for overflow (also at 33% capacity). If you arrive after the sanctuary has reached capacity you will be directed to the fellowship hall (first come, first seated).
- Prayerfully seek the Lord’s guidance in accord with your own conscience. Please, only attend if you feel safe in attending and can do so without judgment of others who may have a differing opinion from your own.
- If you have pre-existing medical conditions or are listed in the category of “vulnerable” please consider continuing to worship from home via livestream or radio.
- Be sure you and everyone in your household is healthy and not contagious. Anyone who is or has been running a temperature in excess of 98.6 should not attend church for at least 72 hours.
- Face masks are recommended for the safety of others but will not be supplied. Please plan to wear or bring your own face mask.
- Childcare will not be provided. Unattended cry rooms with the televised service will be available should you decide to attend with a child that you need to attend to outside the worship service.
- Commonly touched areas within the building and sanctuary will be cleaned prior to and between services.
- There will be no Sunday school, children’s activities, or student activities on campus until further notice.
- There is no way to accurately project how many people will attend this first return to live services at HFBC so please be patient and understanding if adjustments need to be made due to a larger than expected attendance.
When you attend:
- Traffic patterns for entry and exit of the building will be clearly marked and communicated. Please follow these predetermined routes for the safety of everyone.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be located at all entrances to the sanctuary and at the parking lot entrance.
- Allow ushers to direct you to available seating. Please obey and do not move signage concerning closed seating.
- Family units living in the same household may sit together while distanced from others by 6’.
- Every other pew will be closed for seating. This will allow for distancing and for ushers to collect offerings without passing the offering plate.
- Please refrain from greeting others through touch (handshakes, hugs, back pats, etc…). Smiles and discussions from the suggested 6’ distance are encouraged and acceptable.
- Children’s activity packets will be provided to help families worship with small children.
- All areas outside the sanctuary, fellowship hall, main floor hallways, marked cry rooms, and marked restrooms will be closed. Restrooms nearest the sanctuary and in the fellowship hall will be open.
- We will engage in congregational singing. Individuals are encouraged to sing along quietly if not wearing a mask or to wear a mask if planning to sing in full voice.
Serving the Lord with you,
The staff and leadership of HFBC