“Great Sin, Greater Grace”
Rev. Matthew C. McCraw, EdD
Henderson’s First Baptist Church, Henderson, KY
June 25, 2017
Learn more from Answers in Genesis about Jonah being swallowed by a great fish. Remember it was a miracle from God!
Learn more about the Assyrian empire here.
Learn more about the city of Nineveh here.
God’s immutability means that He does not change. Do you agree with this?
Read this article from Banner of Truth. What questions does this raise for you? How does it answer questions about God’s immutability?
God’s Ways Versus Our Ways Diagram
- The Ninevites were completely undeserving of God’s grace and so are we.
- The proclamation of God’s message was and still is the means by which we can be rescued.
- Though our sin is great, God’s grace is greater.
Here are three applicational steps that you can take this week:
- Be prepared to share your story of how God has changed you.
- Be prepared to share how others can receive God’s forgiveness.
- Thank God every day this week for some aspect of your salvation.